FareShare for Employers
The FareShare Program encourages the use of transit and vanpooling by employees working in Montgomery County by matching employer contributions.
The program offers businesses incentives to:
- provide transit subsidies to their employees
- reduce traffic congestion
- support achievement of Non-Auto Driver Mode Share (NADMS) goals in the County’s Transportation Management Districts (TMDs)
FareShare encourages employers to begin a commuter benefits program, or enhance the impact of their existing program, by increasing the amount of transit subsidy offered to employees to attract more participants.
FareShare helps employers:
- contribute to their employees’ transit and vanpool commuting costs
- lower their taxes
- get a tax credit
- make their employees happier in the workplace
Employers, learn more about how participating in FareShare can help you and your employees. Feel free to call your NBTMD FareShare Representative at 301-770-8108 to schedule a meeting.